This comprehensive online Fall Protection course is designed for individuals who plan, supervise, or perform work at heights. This course covers many aspects of fall protection including fall protection planning, equipment, safety measures, and administrative and engineering controls.
ONLINE FALL PROTECTION COURSE TOPICS
- Legislative standards
- Fall prevention
- Fall hazards and controls
- Fall rescue planning
- Fall containment systems
- Selection and use of personal protective equipment
- Selection and use of fall arrest components
- Physiological effects of fall arrest harness suspension
- Inspection and maintenance of fall protection systems and components
- Arresting falls and swing falls
- Distance calculations: Free Fall Distance (FFD), Total Fall Distance (TFD), and Minimum Clearance Requirement (CR)
COURSE DURATION: Approximately 3 hours
ONLINE TESTING: Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: A certificate of completion will be available for download and printing upon successful completion of this online course.