These machines lift personnel, tools and materials, from 10-12 feet in the air to as high as 100 feet. Aerial lift platforms are great tools to conduct work at heights and increase production efficiency.
Successful completion of this course will result in familiarization with various types of aerial lifts, increased knowledge of how to set up and safely operate them, and recognition and avoidance of the most common hazards associated with their use.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
AERIAL LIFTS AND SCISSOR LIFTS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Looks at different types of lifts and their anatomy
- Shows why it’s important to conduct a thorough pre-shift inspection each day before putting a lift into service
- Looks at aerial lift stability and the importance of knowing the machine’s capacity
- Emphasizes the importance of planning each lift and setting up the machine properly to avoid hazards and obstacles around the work site
- Identifies the six most common hazards associated with aerial lift operation and explains how to recognize, avoid or minimize them
COURSE DURATION: Approximately 90 minutes
ONLINE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online Aerial Lifts and Scissor Lifts course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.