Before you begin any excavation, trenching, and shoring activities, you need to take specific steps to set up the work site to avoid the accidental disruption of utilities and assure the stability of adjacent structures. There’s a lot that can go wrong with these scenarios, so awareness and preparedness are critical priorities for protecting the workforce.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify safety requirements when setting up an excavation site
- Identify hazards in and around an excavation, trenching, and shoring site
- Identify precautions, protective measures, and the types of support systems used at an excavation site
- Recognize cave-in protection requirements and identify proper procedures to keep employees safe on an excavation
REGULATIONS – This course was designed to help satisfy requirements workplace safety regulations.
- Preparation for excavation
- Excavation hazards and precautions
- Cave-in protection
COURSE DURATION: Approximately 20 minutes
COURSE ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: A certificate of completion will be available for download and printing upon successful completion of this online course.